Quick updates from today’s “Loop you in” – a special event organized by Apple.
Apple and renewable energy:
Announcements from Lisa Jackson, Apple's Vice President of Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives :
- Apple states that their goal is to become 100% renewable in 100% of their operations worldwide. This includes all of their offices, retail stores and every single data center belonging to Apple.
- Also mentions that 93% of Apple facilities run on renewable energy.
- And in 21 countries around the world the company is using 100% renewable energy which is quite impressive. Kudos !!
- And say Hello to Liam, a robot (R&D project) which breaks all the old iPhones and separates the reusable/renewable materials. And wow that's pretty thoughtful and amazing !!
For more information :http://www.apple.com/environment/renewable-resources/
Apple Announces CareKit:
Announced by Jeff Williams, COO, Apple., CareKit will be an open source software framework which will help developers to add features in the health apps like keeping track of care plans, symptoms monitoring, measurement trackers and sharing the same information with family and health care professionals.
Other features include CareCard – which will help people track their individual care plans and Insight Dashboard which will map symptoms and action items in the care card.
So this would be a great added advantage to existing iOS frameworks like HealthKit and Research Kit.
CareKit will be available in April 2016.
For more information : http://www.apple.com/researchkit/
Updates on Apple Watch :
- Apple showcased new woven nylon bands for Apple Watch in multiple vibrant colors – Black, Pink, Orange and Blue
- And starting from today Apple watch will be sold at $299
And the most awaited update- Apple introduces iPhone SE :
Apple presented a cheaper and a smaller option to its flagship iPhone 6S and 6S plus taking the best of both iPhone5 and iPhone 6 series.
Apple is always brilliant, very specific and unique when it comes to design and according to Apple’s website the iPhone SE is ” Crafted from bead-blasted aluminum for a satin-like finish. And matte-chamfered edges and a color-matched stainless steel logo finish the look “
A few key specs of iPhone SE :
- 4-inch screen
- 64-bit Apple A9 processor
- Hands-free and always-on “Hey Siri”
- 12-MP rear facing iSight Camera (almost same as iPhone6S’), slow-mo upto 240fps
- Additional camera improvements like True Tone Flash, Panorama limit to 63 MP, 4K ideo recording
- A much faster LTE – upto 150 Mbps.
- Bluetooth 4.2
iPhone SE pricing starts at $399 for 16GB and goes till $499 for a 64GB version.
Orders to begin from 24-Mar and shipping from 31-Mar reaching 110 countries by end of May.
iOS 9.3 :
Apple VP Greg Joswiak talks about iOS 9.3
Few key features will be:
NightShift - Automatic adjustment of display colors by detecting iOS device's clock and geolocation. And in the morning it turns back into regular settings.
Touch ID and password support in Notes app.
More personalized News
Apple Music integrated with CarPlay and more additional features.
Apple further announces that the update will be available as a free one for everyone starting from today.
iPad Pro - 9.7 inch
Phil Schiller , Apple Marketing chief introduces the 9.7 inch iPad Pro.
Few key specs include :
- 12MP iSight Camera, 5MP front-facing FaceTime HD
- 64-bit A9X Chip efficiently providing 10 hours of battery life
- M9 Coprocessor
- Focus Pixels
- True Tone Flash
- New image signal processor
- Panorama up to 63 MP
- Live Photos
Orders starting from 24-Mar-2016 and available from 31-Mar-2016.